Not at ALL What You Thought

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Overheard in the Ladies'

So I'm sittin in a stall (yes, that's what I was doin, like it's any of your bidness), and I hear three giggly younguns come in. One says, "My hair. . . ." Another says, "I got on a girdle and my bra's cuttin me."

"Really? You're wearin a girdle?"

"Yeah, girl. I'm fat."

I flush and come out, makin for one of the sinks. Without lookin around, I say, "NONE of y'all knows what 'fat' is."

Stunned silence.

Then gales and gales of laughter, upon which I made my exit.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:27 AM , Blogger Trin20k said...

    That's why I admire teachers so much (like you...and my mother). All that gigglin' would have had my blood boiling...but there's nothing I could have done about it except take it.

     
  • At 7:55 AM , Blogger Gine said...

    I CAUSED the laughter --deliberately. It wasn't blood-boiling; it was enjoyable!
    G.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home