Not at ALL What You Thought

Friday, November 28, 2008

Just Thankful

Merry Day-After-Thanksgiving! I am thankful (daily, but especially this time of year):

1. for my faith;

2. for my family, as crazy as the members thereof behave from time to time;

3. especially for Juice and Goobs, who, as annoying and unaccountably clueless as they are, sometimes daily, make me laugh just as often, and are so beautiful and smart, I have to forgive them their foibles all the time;

4. for a roof over my head, clothes on my back, food in the pantry/refrigerator, and the ability to pay (some) bills, something I can't take for granted, ever, in these days;

5. for a job, a career, a vocation, which I still enjoy, despite all those essays somebody keeps assigning;

6. for my friends, RL and cyber, who are, among other realities, proof that God loves me, else I'd've been kicked to the curb by those good people a long time ago;

7. for my dogs, Nimue and Frody, the idiots.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am thankful for your blog posts, which are always beautiful to read, and your emails, which usually either crack me up or offer valued advice/solace/encouragement/shared happiness, and your friendship and the knowledge that, even though I don't believe, someone who loves me (anyway) is praying for me (anyway), and you know, I do think it helps (anyway).

    *SMOOCHES*

     
  • At 10:41 PM , Blogger Melissa B. said...

    Hey there, you Superior Scribbler, you! Just checking in with the winners, to see what's going on at your place. Also, I'd like to tell you 2 important things. First, please don't miss my Silly Sunday Sweepstakes tomorrow...you can contribute to the legend of the Superior Scribbler by helping us out! Also, I've been nominated for a pretty neat education blog award. You can vote for me, the Original Superior Scribbler, by visiting my place and clicking on the EduBlog icon. Thanks so much, and hope you visit soon!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home